- RT @MrJeberling: Can't decide if Fox News is using "G" here to make it sound like a new and scary measure of wealth, or if they're just try… 6 days ago
- I wrote a story about how the shopping mall Santa is evolving during Covid. I promise it's the only article you'll… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago
- Looking at 9yr old's space drawings. "What's this thing that says 'ASS'?" Kid: That stands for American Space Station, why? 1 month ago
- RT @mjseidlinger: Pretty crazy to think that, at this point, if zombies appeared, it would probably be a relief. 1 month ago
- Writing this article about being a mall #Santa during Covid has been worth it just for my inbox alone! https://t.co/K0mErAxLHT 1 month ago
Author Archives: Patrick Wensink
The folks at Mashable broke the story.
I’m very honored to have been asked to pen a blurb for David Ohle’s new collection, The Devil in Kansas. Ohle, if you don’t know, is a lit cult legend stemming from the early 70s publication of Motorman, still one of the weirdest, … Continue reading
This one’s a clusterfuck. A good clusterfuck…Let’s just say this one;s full of conspiracies, alcohol, fast food-speak, alcohol, and uh, well… more alcohol. But there’s so much going on that you may want to read a little slowly, or you … Continue reading
Broken Piano for President was featured in just about every place short of Highlights magazine recently. The world’s nicest cease and desist really traveled far. NPR’s Weekend Edition The New York Times Time Magazine Forbes The New Yorker Boing Boing The Atlantic Business … Continue reading
After conferring with my publisher’s legal minds, I’ve been given the green light to post this. If you haven’t been following, Jack Daniel’s sent me a letter saying the artwork for Broken Piano for President must be changed. What follows is, perhaps, … Continue reading
Patrick got a letter in his inbox from Jack Daniel’s. They are, apparently, not impressed with BROKEN PIANO FOR PRESIDENT’s artwork. Below is a portion of the letter. Stay tuned for more legal news.
The Chicago Center for Literature and Photography slapped Broken Piano with a stunning 9.5 rating! “[D]ark wackiness that will be adored by the same people who enjoy getting wasted and going to Monty Python midnight screenings.”
Excellent review up at Geek Rage. “Get this book for a friend and get them to read it first if you’re unsure. Do whatever you have to. I wish I could tell you more, but if I spoil any part … Continue reading
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we find Tom Williams sinking lower than he’d ever imagined during a drunken visit to his birthplace. I fell in a hole. Not a figurative hole. Not a spiritual hole. Not a pothole or chuckhole or gopher … Continue reading