- RT @AM_Farmer: Hi, there! My book has a cover! Thank you to the amazing @helloalban for this beautiful design, to Gina Nutt for her kind wo… 1 week ago
- RT @pnh: Did a billionaire publish th-- oh wait https://t.co/0FZlRLBSrc 1 week ago
- RT @silasdhouse: 1. Nobody is surprised #KidRock is a bigot. 2. I saw someone refer to him as “trailer trash” today. I grew up in a trail… 1 week ago
- RT @mjseidlinger: Maybe @sonic_hedgehog went TOO fast. I wrote about how Sonic hit rock bottom for @WIRED. wired.com/story/sonic-th… 2 weeks ago
- RT @silasdhouse: You can still register for the 15th annual Mountain Heritage Literary Festival to work with folks like @hey_emhilly, @Cart… 2 weeks ago
Author Archives: Patrick Wensink
The folks at Mashable broke the story.
I’m very honored to have been asked to pen a blurb for David Ohle’s new collection, The Devil in Kansas. Ohle, if you don’t know, is a lit cult legend stemming from the early 70s publication of Motorman, still one of the weirdest, … Continue reading
This one’s a clusterfuck. A good clusterfuck…Let’s just say this one;s full of conspiracies, alcohol, fast food-speak, alcohol, and uh, well… more alcohol. But there’s so much going on that you may want to read a little slowly, or you … Continue reading
Broken Piano for President was featured in just about every place short of Highlights magazine recently. The world’s nicest cease and desist really traveled far. NPR’s Weekend Edition The New York Times Time Magazine Forbes The New Yorker Boing Boing The Atlantic Business … Continue reading
After conferring with my publisher’s legal minds, I’ve been given the green light to post this. If you haven’t been following, Jack Daniel’s sent me a letter saying the artwork for Broken Piano for President must be changed. What follows is, perhaps, … Continue reading
Patrick got a letter in his inbox from Jack Daniel’s. They are, apparently, not impressed with BROKEN PIANO FOR PRESIDENT’s artwork. Below is a portion of the letter. Stay tuned for more legal news.
The Chicago Center for Literature and Photography slapped Broken Piano with a stunning 9.5 rating! “[D]ark wackiness that will be adored by the same people who enjoy getting wasted and going to Monty Python midnight screenings.”
Excellent review up at Geek Rage. “Get this book for a friend and get them to read it first if you’re unsure. Do whatever you have to. I wish I could tell you more, but if I spoil any part … Continue reading
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we find Tom Williams sinking lower than he’d ever imagined during a drunken visit to his birthplace. I fell in a hole. Not a figurative hole. Not a spiritual hole. Not a pothole or chuckhole or gopher … Continue reading