- RT @MrJeberling: Can't decide if Fox News is using "G" here to make it sound like a new and scary measure of wealth, or if they're just try… 6 days ago
- I wrote a story about how the shopping mall Santa is evolving during Covid. I promise it's the only article you'll… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago
- Looking at 9yr old's space drawings. "What's this thing that says 'ASS'?" Kid: That stands for American Space Station, why? 1 month ago
- RT @mjseidlinger: Pretty crazy to think that, at this point, if zombies appeared, it would probably be a relief. 1 month ago
- Writing this article about being a mall #Santa during Covid has been worth it just for my inbox alone! https://t.co/K0mErAxLHT 1 month ago
Category Archives: Broken Piano for President
The amazing arts and culture magazine, Stated, did a podcast with Patrick.: We talked about Kenny Rogers, drinking and writing, whether or not to use outlines, and twee book arts. In the second half of the interview, Wensink’s eight-month-old son … Continue reading
The Louisville-Courier Journal had this to say, amping the city up for Patrick’s upcoming reading and drink-a-thon: Patrick Wensink had me at Lothario Speedwagon, the name of the band in which the protagonist of his new book, “Broken Piano for … Continue reading
Louisville’s NPR station, WFPL, recently interviewed Patrick about his Broken Piano for President drinking game. Louisville author Patrick Wensink has discovered one simple strategy to help people pay attention during book tour readings. He’s made a drinking game out of his. “I’ve … Continue reading
Lit journal extrodinaire, JMWW, says Broken Piano for President is “a laugh out loud, thought-provoking novel.” Also, Patrick gives an interview with helpful advice to young writers, like: “Self-loathing is the best motivator money can buy.” Read it here.
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we see Patrick Wensink‘s epic tale of trying to fly cross country to party at the Kentucky Derby with a painful injury that needed medical attention. Nothing wakes a man up before dawn like standing in … Continue reading
Patrick penned an article for The Next Best Book about his writing space. “My office is a shithole. Or so my wife tells me a couple times a week. To me, it’s not so much a shithole as a meticulously … Continue reading
Three Guys One Book recently asked Patrick to pen an essay about rock novels. His article explores the cliches that most regurgitate, but also points out how covering weirdo noise bands as a rock critic helped showcase another way of … Continue reading
The Fanzine, one of the sharpest literary sites on the block, dedicated an entire day to all things Wentastic. First, Michael Louie reviewed Broken Piano for President, comparing it to Nick Cave’s Bunny Munro, but not Cave’s facial hair finesse. Second, Patrick penned … Continue reading
Essay up in Smalldoggies about Broken Piano’s transition from novel to book-on-tape.
One of the best literary podcasts going, What to Wear During an Orange Alert, featured Broken Piano for President and its cassette in its latest edition. There’s also a performance by the awesome Amelia Gray, and music from Yuck and Aesop Rock.