- 30 pages into @silasdhouse 's latest, I was so heartbroken I had to stop and hug my wife. This book is a force of n… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- Students: We are all having a hard time thinking up endings for our stories. Me: I think I can help with that. https://t.co/l2RGyUwgsF 1 day ago
- Student: "Fiction writing is so much harder than I thought it was going to be." Me: Evil villain laugh 2 days ago
- Not her best song or her most famous song, but I love how badass Loretta sounded on this song. youtube.com/watch?v=YgylOn… 2 days ago
- RT @silasdhouse: When I think of her, foremost I think of how proud my family always was of her. She was one of ours. This poem I wrote was… 2 days ago
Join 37 other followers
Category Archives: Broken Piano for President
The amazing arts and culture magazine, Stated, did a podcast with Patrick.: We talked about Kenny Rogers, drinking and writing, whether or not to use outlines, and twee book arts. In the second half of the interview, Wensink’s eight-month-old son … Continue reading
The Louisville-Courier Journal had this to say, amping the city up for Patrick’s upcoming reading and drink-a-thon: Patrick Wensink had me at Lothario Speedwagon, the name of the band in which the protagonist of his new book, “Broken Piano for … Continue reading
Louisville’s NPR station, WFPL, recently interviewed Patrick about his Broken Piano for President drinking game. Louisville author Patrick Wensink has discovered one simple strategy to help people pay attention during book tour readings. He’s made a drinking game out of his. “I’ve … Continue reading
Lit journal extrodinaire, JMWW, says Broken Piano for President is “a laugh out loud, thought-provoking novel.” Also, Patrick gives an interview with helpful advice to young writers, like: “Self-loathing is the best motivator money can buy.” Read it here.
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we see Patrick Wensink‘s epic tale of trying to fly cross country to party at the Kentucky Derby with a painful injury that needed medical attention. Nothing wakes a man up before dawn like standing in … Continue reading
Patrick penned an article for The Next Best Book about his writing space. “My office is a shithole. Or so my wife tells me a couple times a week. To me, it’s not so much a shithole as a meticulously … Continue reading
Three Guys One Book recently asked Patrick to pen an essay about rock novels. His article explores the cliches that most regurgitate, but also points out how covering weirdo noise bands as a rock critic helped showcase another way of … Continue reading
The Fanzine, one of the sharpest literary sites on the block, dedicated an entire day to all things Wentastic. First, Michael Louie reviewed Broken Piano for President, comparing it to Nick Cave’s Bunny Munro, but not Cave’s facial hair finesse. Second, Patrick penned … Continue reading
Essay up in Smalldoggies about Broken Piano’s transition from novel to book-on-tape.
One of the best literary podcasts going, What to Wear During an Orange Alert, featured Broken Piano for President and its cassette in its latest edition. There’s also a performance by the awesome Amelia Gray, and music from Yuck and Aesop Rock.