- RT @MrJeberling: Can't decide if Fox News is using "G" here to make it sound like a new and scary measure of wealth, or if they're just try… 1 month ago
- I wrote a story about how the shopping mall Santa is evolving during Covid. I promise it's the only article you'll… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Looking at 9yr old's space drawings. "What's this thing that says 'ASS'?" Kid: That stands for American Space Station, why? 2 months ago
- RT @mjseidlinger: Pretty crazy to think that, at this point, if zombies appeared, it would probably be a relief. 3 months ago
- Writing this article about being a mall #Santa during Covid has been worth it just for my inbox alone! https://t.co/K0mErAxLHT 3 months ago
Category Archives: drinking stories
Patrick has taken on a twice-monthly gig writing essays for the Weeklings. If you don’t know this site, it’s jam packed with pop/culture essays from very talented writers. So far, he’s written about rock album “Growers” and the similarities between Smokey … Continue reading
Big news here at Wentastic Enterprises. For the first time Patrick will be in the New York Times Sunday Book Review. Pick up a copy of the April 14 paper and check the Inside the List section. WHISKEY AND WRY: Writing a best seller … Continue reading
Broken Piano audiobooks have arrived! Published by the fine folks at Recorded Books. 8 CDs totaling almost 10 hours. Read by LJ Ganser, whose radio-sexy voice has done audiobooks for the likes of Jess Walter, James Elroy and baseball dude Alex Rodriguez. … Continue reading
The New York Times recently published Patrick’s essay about being a stay-at-home-dad/domestic gigolo. Read it here. Here’s the beginning: A romantic Valentine’s is close. Like, broom-closet close. All you need for a sexy good time is a bucket of cleaning supplies … Continue reading
LitReactor had high praise for Broken Piano. A cultural satire wrapped in a corporate espionage mystery, and by the end a personal reflection on creativity and individuality. A delicate balancing act, and Wensink pulls it off masterfully.
The folks at Mashable broke the story.
I’m very honored to have been asked to pen a blurb for David Ohle’s new collection, The Devil in Kansas. Ohle, if you don’t know, is a lit cult legend stemming from the early 70s publication of Motorman, still one of the weirdest, … Continue reading
This one’s a clusterfuck. A good clusterfuck…Let’s just say this one;s full of conspiracies, alcohol, fast food-speak, alcohol, and uh, well… more alcohol. But there’s so much going on that you may want to read a little slowly, or you … Continue reading
Broken Piano for President was featured in just about every place short of Highlights magazine recently. The world’s nicest cease and desist really traveled far. NPR’s Weekend Edition The New York Times Time Magazine Forbes The New Yorker Boing Boing The Atlantic Business … Continue reading