- Amazing night with @silasdhouse returning to @LMUtweets to read from his incredible new book, Lark Ascending. Thank… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @silasdhouse: I’m proud to be series editor for Fireside Industries at @KentuckyPress where I’ve worked on beauties by folks like @ASCla… 1 week ago
- RT @kevinrmaloney: I have a new short story "Five Weddings" up today on the amazing @autofocuslit. Hope you dig it!!! 🤵♂️👰🏻♀️🔥 https://t.… 1 week ago
- Thrilled to see @naomihuffman getting shout outs in the WaPo for bringing back a lost Katherine Dunn masterpiece! washingtonpost.com/books/2022/11/… 2 weeks ago
- RT @TwoDollarRadio: If you haven’t yet, we highly recommend checking out this author Q+A w/ @kevinrmaloney about his irresistible tragicomi… 2 weeks ago
Join 37 other followers
Category Archives: drinking stories
Patrick has taken on a twice-monthly gig writing essays for the Weeklings. If you don’t know this site, it’s jam packed with pop/culture essays from very talented writers. So far, he’s written about rock album “Growers” and the similarities between Smokey … Continue reading
Big news here at Wentastic Enterprises. For the first time Patrick will be in the New York Times Sunday Book Review. Pick up a copy of the April 14 paper and check the Inside the List section. WHISKEY AND WRY: Writing a best seller … Continue reading
Broken Piano audiobooks have arrived! Published by the fine folks at Recorded Books. 8 CDs totaling almost 10 hours. Read by LJ Ganser, whose radio-sexy voice has done audiobooks for the likes of Jess Walter, James Elroy and baseball dude Alex Rodriguez. … Continue reading
The New York Times recently published Patrick’s essay about being a stay-at-home-dad/domestic gigolo. Read it here. Here’s the beginning: A romantic Valentine’s is close. Like, broom-closet close. All you need for a sexy good time is a bucket of cleaning supplies … Continue reading
LitReactor had high praise for Broken Piano. A cultural satire wrapped in a corporate espionage mystery, and by the end a personal reflection on creativity and individuality. A delicate balancing act, and Wensink pulls it off masterfully.
The folks at Mashable broke the story.
I’m very honored to have been asked to pen a blurb for David Ohle’s new collection, The Devil in Kansas. Ohle, if you don’t know, is a lit cult legend stemming from the early 70s publication of Motorman, still one of the weirdest, … Continue reading
This one’s a clusterfuck. A good clusterfuck…Let’s just say this one;s full of conspiracies, alcohol, fast food-speak, alcohol, and uh, well… more alcohol. But there’s so much going on that you may want to read a little slowly, or you … Continue reading
Broken Piano for President was featured in just about every place short of Highlights magazine recently. The world’s nicest cease and desist really traveled far. NPR’s Weekend Edition The New York Times Time Magazine Forbes The New Yorker Boing Boing The Atlantic Business … Continue reading