- Advice from the fireworks salesman to my 10yr old: "Remember, these go bad if you don't shoot 'em off tonight!" 2 days ago
- I love nature’s majesty. Especially that dude blasting Alice In Chains on the hiking trail. 1 week ago
- Damn you, @mjseidlinger. I couldn't remember if I locked the door last night and hardly slept because I kept thinki… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @LeesaCrossSmith: These are just *some* of the binders that hold *some* of the books I have written/revised/worked on since around 2010.… 1 week ago
- My 10yr old listens to top 40 radio in the car and he just heard Kate Bush for the first time. ❤️ 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Broken Piano for President
Big news here at Wentastic Enterprises. For the first time Patrick will be in the New York Times Sunday Book Review. Pick up a copy of the April 14 paper and check the Inside the List section. WHISKEY AND WRY: Writing a best seller … Continue reading
Patrick’s highly anticipated collection of magazine articles, essays and emails has been released: Everything Was Great Until it Sucked. The book’s first line kind of says it all: I’ve never known an American economy that didn’t smell like Red Lobster’s dumpster… … Continue reading
After conferring with my publisher’s legal minds, I’ve been given the green light to post this. If you haven’t been following, Jack Daniel’s sent me a letter saying the artwork for Broken Piano for President must be changed. What follows is, perhaps, … Continue reading
Louisville’s NPR station, WFPL, recently interviewed Patrick about his Broken Piano for President drinking game. Louisville author Patrick Wensink has discovered one simple strategy to help people pay attention during book tour readings. He’s made a drinking game out of his. “I’ve … Continue reading
Lit journal extrodinaire, JMWW, says Broken Piano for President is “a laugh out loud, thought-provoking novel.” Also, Patrick gives an interview with helpful advice to young writers, like: “Self-loathing is the best motivator money can buy.” Read it here.
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we see Patrick Wensink‘s epic tale of trying to fly cross country to party at the Kentucky Derby with a painful injury that needed medical attention. Nothing wakes a man up before dawn like standing in … Continue reading
Patrick penned an article for The Next Best Book about his writing space. “My office is a shithole. Or so my wife tells me a couple times a week. To me, it’s not so much a shithole as a meticulously … Continue reading
The Fanzine, one of the sharpest literary sites on the block, dedicated an entire day to all things Wentastic. First, Michael Louie reviewed Broken Piano for President, comparing it to Nick Cave’s Bunny Munro, but not Cave’s facial hair finesse. Second, Patrick penned … Continue reading
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we see an underage Patrick Wensink get his love life saved by a bouncer with a passion for Photoshop. The shortest marriage in history lasted little more than thirty minutes. According to Europe News, a Turkish man … Continue reading
Essay up in Smalldoggies about Broken Piano’s transition from novel to book-on-tape.