- RT @nprbooks: It's our Friday double on NPR's #BookoftheDay -- given all the news out of Texas, we thought it'd be a good time to showcase… 1 week ago
- RT @hey_emhilly: My essay on how beloved West Virginia writer Breece D'J Pancake's stories twine with place in his hometown of Milton is no… 1 month ago
- RT @silasdhouse: My latest for @TheAtlantic. “Sacrificing for the common good was something most of us were taught when I was growing up. J… 1 month ago
- Very into the Klaus Kinski nod in The Jungle Cruise movie. 2 months ago
- Teaching a course on poetry this fall and I will probably spend at least a week on how much I love Silk Sonic. I ca… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
Monthly Archives: April 2012
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we see Caleb J Ross discover the holy trinity: Tom Waits, Free Drinks and…Southwest Airlines Magazine? This is the already true part: in June of 2008 I stood on a beach in San Diego wearing a … Continue reading
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we see Nick Antosca learning a thing or two about the fairer sex with the help of bourbon or tequila, but probably not wine. This is a true story of something that happened to me when … Continue reading
Essay up in Smalldoggies about Broken Piano’s transition from novel to book-on-tape.
One of the best literary podcasts going, What to Wear During an Orange Alert, featured Broken Piano for President and its cassette in its latest edition. There’s also a performance by the awesome Amelia Gray, and music from Yuck and Aesop Rock.
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we see Nik Korpon hanging out with Hollywood’s sleaziest movie-maker in Baltimore’s sleaziest bar. The Pine Box isn’t the kind of bar you take a first date to. Or a second date. Or anyone who has anything of … Continue reading