- Watching Bill and Ted with son. Him: “I mean, they never would have had to go back in time if they had the internet.” 1 week ago
- RT @midwestern_ope: If you hear a Midwesterner say “all good don’t worry about it” just know they are fighting for their life 1 week ago
- RT @WilliamHTurner1: I'm doing my best to link the President and his party to Black people who are also ravished by the floods. Left to the… 1 week ago
- New @Gabino_Iglesias is in! This book is amazing. https://t.co/iWdXISmnrE 1 week ago
- RT @silasdhouse: ICYMI. A personal essay from me about the flooding and all the great work being done in EKY, especially at @HindmanSchool,… 1 week ago
Join 37 other followers
Monthly Archives: April 2012
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we see Caleb J Ross discover the holy trinity: Tom Waits, Free Drinks and…Southwest Airlines Magazine? This is the already true part: in June of 2008 I stood on a beach in San Diego wearing a … Continue reading
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we see Nick Antosca learning a thing or two about the fairer sex with the help of bourbon or tequila, but probably not wine. This is a true story of something that happened to me when … Continue reading
Essay up in Smalldoggies about Broken Piano’s transition from novel to book-on-tape.
One of the best literary podcasts going, What to Wear During an Orange Alert, featured Broken Piano for President and its cassette in its latest edition. There’s also a performance by the awesome Amelia Gray, and music from Yuck and Aesop Rock.
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we see Nik Korpon hanging out with Hollywood’s sleaziest movie-maker in Baltimore’s sleaziest bar. The Pine Box isn’t the kind of bar you take a first date to. Or a second date. Or anyone who has anything of … Continue reading