- RT @byron_queen: finally reading House of Leaves https://t.co/MPEFzQxTsr 1 day ago
- RT @amandapetrusich: Here’s my @NewYorker interview with Bonnie Prince Billy & Bill Callahan, two of my favorite living songwriters — they’… 1 week ago
- There's pretty much no way to explain the Y2K fear to a 10y old without them giving you a side-eye. 2 weeks ago
- First horseman of the apocalypse. pitchfork.com/news/cd-sales-… 2 weeks ago
- First winter since moving to TN. Two different people told my son it's tradition to flush ice cubes down the toilet… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
Monthly Archives: April 2012
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we see Caleb J Ross discover the holy trinity: Tom Waits, Free Drinks and…Southwest Airlines Magazine? This is the already true part: in June of 2008 I stood on a beach in San Diego wearing a … Continue reading
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we see Nick Antosca learning a thing or two about the fairer sex with the help of bourbon or tequila, but probably not wine. This is a true story of something that happened to me when … Continue reading
Essay up in Smalldoggies about Broken Piano’s transition from novel to book-on-tape.
One of the best literary podcasts going, What to Wear During an Orange Alert, featured Broken Piano for President and its cassette in its latest edition. There’s also a performance by the awesome Amelia Gray, and music from Yuck and Aesop Rock.
Today’s Drinking Story: Here we see Nik Korpon hanging out with Hollywood’s sleaziest movie-maker in Baltimore’s sleaziest bar. The Pine Box isn’t the kind of bar you take a first date to. Or a second date. Or anyone who has anything of … Continue reading